Friday, May 1, 2009

10:07 PM

I.

I stopped here to listen to “Somewhere over the Rainbow”
and
I wanted to stop here for jazz
Why?
Cancer.
something went awfully wrong
as you just heard
cancer.
golly!
but
it’s somehow comforting to me--Yea!
I’m still a little high
but I think the rock
is a metaphor
for the illusion of habitat.
--it’s quicksand is what it is





II.

they forget:
very strong country demons
civilized butterflies

they call dreams:
order
and lost discontinuity

they take:
the end to the moon
with this something;
(a way to do,
to breathe)
it was restricted

show me
western moments after dark,

show me
long-winded praise,
or criticism done on days

show me now
things like this
that they confiscated

I want to hope;
because I will.
our name I lay down
to other countries

1 comment:

  1. wow I really like 10:07-I

    I don't know what it is...maybe the whole reference of dreams and hope (Somewhere Over the Rainbow) mixed with the repetition of Cancer and quicksand and getting high.

    It's powerful.

    ReplyDelete